Today, I turned 39 years old.
I have one year left until I am 40.
And I plan for the next year to be amazing. I have no doubt that I will enter 40 in better health, wealth, and everything.
I’ve lost 32 pounds in the past twelve weeks. For the first time since 2012, I am entering a birthday weighing UNDER 400 pounds. On my scale at home this morning, I was 398.
That’s a good feeling, both mentally and physically. Have you ever carried around 32 pounds all day long? It’d be tiring, but I was doing it.
I’ve got a lot more to lose, but I am confident I will do it.
I am making a few resolutions that I will do my best to reach this year. I’ll update my progress monthly(ish) to see how I do!
- I will lost 100 more pounds by my 40th birthday. On April 19, 2018, I want to weigh 298 or lower.
- I will create 39 works of art (oil painting, stained glass, watercolors, something) that I will give away. I’ll post about that in more depth in a bit when I have my first piece of art to give away. My reason? I just want to put some of my creativity out into the world.
- I will finish writing this young adult novel that is following me around. I love to write, but I don’t do it as often as I should. I’m done with my dissertation; I have no excuses now.
- I will send 39 letters out in The Mail Project, and I’ll post about everything I get back in return. I’ll share about this one, too, as soon as I’ve officially started it.
- I’ll read 39 books that I’ve been planning to read and blog about them. I’ll probably blog about these on my work blog, but I’ll share here, too.
That’s it. There’s a part of me that wants to do 39 resolutions, but I’d just be making up crap at that point to reach 39.
I owe you a weight loss post soon, because I have had a successful semester at Weight Watchers! I blog as it occurs to me, which is admittedly not often. I’d love it if you’d follow me on Instagram at therangerproject. I’m much more active there!